Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sierra Parks…over and out!



Sierra Parks…over and out!

Wow, SWIFT is coming to a close and it seems unreal!  I am going to have to go back to normal life soon not revolved around hourly HRRR model updates, mesoscale discussions, and living in a van with 11 other people.  It is nice to think that I will not be sitting for 10+ hours a day, but I will miss SWIFT nonetheless!  This has been an amazing experience, one I will never forget.  I have learned so much in such a short time, about both the weather and the logistics (and pleasing the Queen).  Two tornadoes and countless storms later I feel qualified as an experienced storm chaser.  
 

I could not have asked for a better group of mids to be stuck in a van with, it is amazing how cohesive we became.  Personally I am amazed by the lack of friction there was between us, we were warned about how everyone gets flustered and tension builds in the group.  But it was a pleasure to work with these mids!
 Photo: Typical SWIFT van party

Thanks for everything team SWIFT! And remember to always chase in May!!

-          2/C Sierra Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment