Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Introducing Carman

Hey y'all!
I'm Carman Arnold from Oklahoma City, OK. I am 23 years old and I aspire to be a pilot in the U.S. Navy. Growing up in Oklahoma forced me to become accustomed to severe weather and tornadoes. As I started getting older, I became more and more interested in severe weather. My friend's dad would occasionally take us along for some unofficial storm chasing and see what kind of trouble we could get into. I'll admit, it was obviously not the best of ideas but it caught my attention. When I was old enough to drive, I started chasing on my own. It was the adrenaline rush that got me hooked! I have seen numerous storms and tornadoes that I have chased, watched or been chased by. I have been in two tornadoes and have luckily never been seriously hurt. Unfortunately, I have also seen the damage tornadoes and even straight line winds can cause. Most of my chases always end in helping the victims and volunteering any time I have to clean and rebuild.
I took a particular desire to be an Oceanography major because of meteorology. Not only do I want to learn more about basic weather and climate in general to help with my future career in aviation, but I also want to solve the mysteries we still don't understand about severe weather and tornadoes. I look forward to learning more about how to predict severe weather and gage where the worst conditions will be including the tornadoes. I also am prepared to spend time in helping those affected by the weather, wherever we may be. As for the close quarters with fellow SWIFTers, I can't wait to learn more about everyone and have some exciting and memorable times. In addition to learning as much as I can, I will also be attempting to get the best pictures and videos for our trip so more people can share our experiences that did not have to opportunity to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment