Monday, May 4, 2015

Introducing Olivia

My name is Olivia Morrell.  I am from Albuquerque, NM, and have lived there my whole life before moving here to Maryland.  Living near the mountains we don’t see many tornados, but New Mexico is known for some spectacular thunder storms that are enough to spark my interest in meteorology.  I have enjoyed all of the opportunities living near mountains has afforded me, and the outdoors have become a passion of mine.  SWIFT is a perfect opportunity to get in touch with and learn about the amazing power of nature and experience it firsthand.  I’m excited for the learning, for the experience and friendships we will create, and for the future opportunities this trip will afford.   Whether I chose to go down the METOC path, pilot or any other service selection, the experience I will gain here will be something I can apply to many aspects of my career.  Outside of SWIFT I am on the Naval Academy Swim team, and I am proud to represent them on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment