Friday, May 22, 2015

Olivia's final thoughts

After almost 2 weeks in a van with 10 (almost) strangers, I will be going back to Annapolis with an entirely new set of experiences, an expanded understanding of severe weather, and whole new understanding of peer leadership and followership.  It has been one thing to talk about how you’ll react under pressure, and how you’ll respond to failure, but it is an entirely different thing actually testing it out.  While we didn’t face any life threatening twisters, and stayed far away from the suck zone, we had plenty of edge-of-your-seat moments, and plenty of long uneventful hours in cramped quarters. 

SWIFT exceeded my expectations as far as what I gained outside of severe weather experience.  I acquired 7 new life-long friends, I learned how to stay motivated after an un-motivating day, and I learned how to learn from our mistakes. We had some incredible moments, and made memories that will last a life time! From the arguments and disagreements, to the comradery and bonding, to the close calls and tornado-on-the-ground’s, it has been a trip I’ll never forget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment