Thursday, May 12, 2016

Introducing Jessie




Hey everyone! I am 2/C Jessie Sharp from Gatlinburg Tennessee! Although I attended high school in Tennessee I was raised on a farm in South Alabama. There have been some wicked storms pass through my town in the past, and that is when my love for storms took off. I remember being in elementary school with my face glued against a window watching a passing tornado while my teachers yelled at me to get down near the wall with a textbook over my head with the rest of my classmates. Nothing can compare to seeing the wonders of nature first hand for the first time. After that, if there was ever a storm or other bad weather coming through, it was almost certain I would either be outside watching on the porch or in the yard playing in the rain. 
SWIFT is giving me the opportunity to actually learn and observe from these storms and tornadoes that I have been fascinated by for all of these years. I can't wait to be able to learn and use the tools needed to track down storms and see the results of our work and preparation through a tornado passing by our van. I am so thankful to work with the wonderful professors and the great group of mids during this experience of a lifetime. I hope to bring back new knowledge and skills to improve my future in meteorology as well as memories from the trip that will last a lifetime.







No comments:

Post a Comment