Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Closing thoughts by Darby

SWIFT was a great experience for me, and I really enjoyed these past 2 weeks of storm chasing.  It was fun and I learned a lot more than I expected.  Having only taken one semester of meteorology, my knowledge of severe weather was small.  I didn't really understand how a tornado formed and what environmental parameters are needed for this process to occur.  However, I can now say that after these 2 weeks, my knowledge of supercell and tornado formation has grown exponentially, and I now have a firm grasp on this process.  It was really cool to apply what I had been learning in the classroom this past semester.  Being able to visually see the whole tornado formation process was very important to my understanding of tornadoes.  I really enjoyed this experience and am sad that it is coming to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment