Thursday, May 11, 2017

Introducing Colin

Hey everyone! My name is 1/C Colin Hackbarth, and I'm super excited to be a part of SWIFT 2017! I am from Cedarburg, Wisconsin, and this is my second year as a part of SWIFT. My interest in severe weather started when I was young, and I remember always watching storms move through my town, and repeatedly getting yelled at by my mother to come back inside so I wouldn't get struck by lightning! I was fascinated with the clouds and the lightning and the hail, and I read and learned as much as I could about severe storms. When I came to the Naval Academy and heard that Oceanography majors could go storm chasing, I knew what my major was going to be! This year with SWIFT, I hope to get better at predicting severe weather and tornadoes, see some awesome storms, and pass on some of the things I have learned to the other Midshipmen on SWIFT!


No comments:

Post a Comment