Thursday, May 11, 2017

Introducing Greg












Hi everyone! I am 2/C Greg Gruseck and I am so excited to be part of SWIFT this year! I grew up in southern Ohio where winters were frigid, summers were scorching, and at any point in the year I could play in the snow in the morning then tan in the afternoon. In the summer months we had intense thunderstorms and even some tornadoes! I often found myself sneaking away from my parents to get a peak at the storms as they raged on, before my mother could count only 3 out of 4 of her children and corral me back inside.  As a water polo player and a lifeguard, weather was always a concern of mine and the importance of predicting weather became ever increasing when I took charge of a singe guard pool. Being able to predict if weather would blow over, or if it would be dangerous for swimmers was important to my every day life. As I continued to grow up and learn more about weather patterns and what specific radar patterns meant I was able to plan accordingingly with better accuracy. This summer, I am excited to be able to finally learn more about the storms that have fascinated me for so many years! Seeing some of the most powerful and photogenic storms in the US will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can't wait to see what we can all learn and how powerful weather can truly be!




No comments:

Post a Comment