Thursday, May 11, 2017

Introducing Shannon

Good evening, everyone! I cannot believe we will be departing in a little over six hours. I can hardly contain my excitement! I'm 2/C Shannon McAllister, an active member of 19th company, the Midshipman Action Group, and the STEM program at USNA. Growing up in Florida, I have been exposed to a variety of severe weather systems, which began my interest in meteorology. I remember visiting USNA during high school and hearing about the SWIFT program. I am thrilled that I finally have the opportunity to participate! The past three semesters, I have worked diligently on the USNA Weather Team dissecting weather models and interacting with talented faculty and midshipmen. Over the course of the next few weeks, I am most excited to foster new relationships with people of similar interests by examining weather models that'll hopefully lead to chasing storms! With any luck, it'll be an adventure (:   

No comments:

Post a Comment