Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Aspen's Closing Thoughts


Ever since high school, attending the Naval Academy Preparatory School, and currently attending the United States Naval Academy, I have wanted to be an Oceanography major. The material constantly intrigues me, especially in my meteorology class. SWIFT has given me the opportunity to not only gain an understanding of how the sciences work but physically enjoy these processes occurring with my own eyes. My knowledge of the formation of supercell storms and tornadoes have greatly expanded by experiencing in field training, and I am grateful for being able to apply what I know on paper to reality and what is happening in the world around me.

SWIFT was full of adventures, taking on thousands of miles in our 'weathered-out' duty van ready to catch storms. Gaining a new perspective on paper road maps and Atlas' is something our generation lacks and learning how to navigate using these tools has broadened my knowledge. The long road trips with a great group of Midshipmen and the laughs I've had with them is something I will never forget... it is like a road trip with your family.

From catching sunsets to officially ending SWIFT with a tornado, I am ever so grateful for the opportunities USNA presents. The lectures before the trip, all of the classes, and the academic push during the trip were all absolutely worth this experience.

- A.S.B.




No comments:

Post a Comment