Saturday, May 15, 2021

Julia Davis - Introduction

Good morning, weather enthusiasts! 

I'm coming to you live from the bumpy backroads of Pennsylvania. I'm Julia Davis, a soon-to-be 1/C (!!!) Oceanography major. I'm from Warner Robins, GA and the oldest of three in an adventure-loving family, so I've spent many summers road tripping around the country becoming what my dad would call a "road beast." Growing up, many tornadoes passed through Middle Georgia, but I've never actually seen one-- hopefully that will change in the coming weeks! 
 
What I find most intriguing about meteorology is our ability to forecast, so I'm excited to get to apply the thermodynamic and meteorological principles I've learned over the last few years to make predictions and chase tornadoes! It's been my dream to be a part of the SWIFT team since I was 17-year-old Midshipman Candidate Davis, so it feels surreal to be sitting here typing up this post (especially after all of the challenges COVID posed). 

This morning we donned our matching windbreakers and hit the road-- the Midwest isn't ready for SWIFT 2021. 

Thanks for reading! I look forward to sharing our many adventures with you all. 

Julia 







1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted. I think I commented on a colleagues post. Hope you guys get to experience the power of Mother Nature but be safe. G/G

    ReplyDelete