Saturday, May 15, 2021

Schuerch Introduction

Hello everyone,

I'm Alex Schuerch and am a rising 1/C and am an oceanography major from Anchorage, Alaska. I've never seen a tornado in person before and am really excited to be part of this experience. Hobbies include watching sci-fi shows/movies, history/politics, running, and anything Marvel related.  

Yesterday and this morning was quite the rush. I spent most of Friday packing and moving my belongings to 8th wing storage in Bancroft, attending a SWIFT brief, and shopping for running shoes and something nice to wear. Earlier this morning I had to make one last trip to 8th wing storage before heading to the van at 0600. I definitely woke up my roommate. I saw a few of my fellow SWIFTers in the locker area who had the same idea. Least to say my locker is now filled to the brim and then some. So far we've stopped at Dunkin Donuts and Hilltop Fruit Market in Grantsville, Maryland. A little while ago we entered into West Virginia and just made it into Pennsylvania. We are making way to Ben's family in Ohio for lunch. 

This is a great opportunity to learn about what we learned in class last year. I am excited to spend a couple weeks with these amazing SWIFTers and see some amazing weather.




No comments:

Post a Comment