Saturday, May 15, 2021

Sell - Introduction

 Calling all weather nerds and lovers alike!

Back in the passenger seat and time to type from the Indiana interstate. My name is Ben Sell a soon to be 1/C and a Political Science Major (gasp). Now I know what you are thinking, why is a political science major out chasing tornadoes? Is he a little crazy, a little lost, perhaps slightly confused about life... the answer is yes to all. I am actually a prior enlisted AG, or "weather guesser" as we are known in the fleet. I spend 3 years before coming to the academy in Biloxi, Mississippi, and Norfolk, Virginia providing weather forecasts for sailors and marines around the globe.

We made a detour to my hometown of Hanoverton, Ohio, a small rural town with only ONE stoplight.(however after further discussion I was informed it was not a stoplight because it only blinked). Arriving at home, stories of a younger Ben were shared, dogs got to be played with, and call sign "Big Deborah" has made it appearance. With full stomachs, after a fantastic meal cooked by my parents, and a couple of fist bumps from my nephew Owen, it was back on the road. The excitement in the van is almost too much for day one (Sara and her extra bag of pistachios),  hopefully the worlds largest bottle of ketchup awaits. I am so excited to take on the Midwest with this incredible team, matching jackets and all. The weather is turning and we have our eyes set on plains. Look out Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt.


Ben "Big Deborah" Sell







No comments:

Post a Comment