Saturday, May 14, 2022

Ryan - Introduction

 Storm enjoyers,


My name is Ryan Engelhard, I’m a rising 2/C and Oceanography major from Knotts Island, NC. After class, I enjoy spending my afternoons in Mitscher with the Drum & Bugle Corps and my evenings at Nimitz with a Red Bull in hand. This past week has been full of head cramming and brain dumping as we took on exams. Then, with less than 24 hours to pack and move out, I am now on the road with my fellow weather enthusiasts.


I’ve anticipated this trip all semester and within the first day we’ve already seen the beauty of the Allegheny Mountains, tasted the warmth of Ohio’s Skyline Chili, and rediscovered our love for road-trip country music. Although no tornadoes were spotted on this first leg (does a dust devil count?), our new meteorological knowledge has allowed us to understand the cumulus fields and rolling clouds in a way we may never have before. I’m excited for these next two weeks and the adventures that lie ahead with the SWIFT team!


No comments:

Post a Comment