Saturday, May 14, 2022

Emily - Introduction

 SWIFT Intro - Emily


Hey Ya'll! I'm Emily Shand and I am a rising 2/C Oceanography major from 26th Company. I am from Rotonda West, Florida, though I'll be quick to tell anyone about my northern Minnesota upbringing. When I'm not out wranglin' tornadoes and the like, you can find me on the bridge of one of USNA's finest Yard Patrol Craft. My hobbies include longboarding, working with computers, and playing guitar. 


SWIFT 2022 is shaping up to be the experience of a lifetime, and we're not even across the Mississippi River yet. We checked out Skyline Chili in Columbus, OH this afternoon, and saw a couple small dust devils along I-70 leaving western Ohio. For most of my life, I've been fascinated by severe weather, and I can't wait to share the firsthand experience I'll get in the field these next couple weeks. 


Looking forward to good storms, good eats, and good times ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment