Saturday, May 14, 2022

Thomas - Introduction

 Hello everyone!


My name is Thomas Pearson. I'm a rising 1/C Oceanography major at USNA. I'm on the Varsity Soccer team and involved in the fishing and surfing clubs at the Academy. I grew up between New Jersey and Illinois, and now my family resides in Jupiter, FL. A lot of my life revolves around being outside, whether that's spending time on the water, hiking a local trail, or running and biking. 

image.png

My interest in severe weather comes from growing up around Nor'easters in New Jersey and tornadoes in Illinois, and always being fascinated by the awesome power that these storms possess. I've tried my best to take classes that are all about weather while in the Oceanography curriculum at USNA. Most recently I took Synoptic Meteorology taught by LCDR Burich, which was a super challenging but rewarding experience that I hope will help me out in the field these next two weeks. 

So far today we've had an early start, getting on the road around 0615 and stopping at Dunkin Donuts for some energy, and Hill Top Fruit Market for some homemade sweets. We also stopped at Skyline Chili for good midwest eats and are currently hurtling west on I-70 towards southern Illinois. 

I sincerely hope everyone reading this blog the next couple weeks enjoys what we have to offer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment