Monday, May 30, 2022

Siena - Closing Thoughts

This internship was a really incredible experience and I am so grateful that I got to be a part of it. I learned a lot about severe weather, and I am very interested in studying it more in the future. I also gained a better appreciation for why studying these storms is important, since they can have such a big impact on people’s lives. 

I think the supercell near Morton, Texas was the most incredible thing I have ever seen. I was amazed when the light started to fade and we could see the towering structure of the storm lit up by lightning. Another one of my favorite sights was the MCS on our final chase day that had a beautiful blue-green color. I can’t think of many other things on Earth that are as beautiful and impressive as these storms.


Another experience that had a great impact on me was when we visited the tornado memorial in Joplin, Missouri. It was an important reminder that while these storms are impressive and fascinating, they can also be very destructive. This is another source of motivation to study storms because the more we know about them, the more we will be able to protect people from them. 


I’m also really grateful that I got to spend time with everyone else on the internship. I enjoyed everyone’s company and we made some great memories together.


No comments:

Post a Comment