Thursday, May 21, 2015

Closing thoughts from Carman

Last night of SWIFT 2015. It was a quick two weeks. I wish it was longer and I could spend more time with everyone and learn more even after learning so much. I applied for SWIFT under the impression that I would learn so much in such a short amount of time. The in field training was a great idea and it was a blast. I feel so much more confident in predicting where severe weather will be and where to go if I am chasing more in the future. Chasing before SWIFT was exciting and difficult, but now I understand more and I can hopefully learn more soon. I can't wait to go on my own again and I'm even looking forward to going with a small group. I have learned a lot throughout the trip and I have a general direction I can take for my capstone during first class year. As much as severe weather and tornadoes fascinate me, I am also excited to start on such a big project. Tornadoes are so unpredictable and dangerous. This gives me yet another challenge in my life. I believe SWIFT will be in my life for several years to come and I look forward to learning all that I can.
To the other 10 who were on the trip: Thank you for helping me grow in leadership and knowledge and for the memories we shared!





No comments:

Post a Comment